:50 – 30:00 Interview with Kathy from Just Add H20 Dive Shop – (a.k.a. JR Aquatics) – //www.justaddh2o.us.com/
Annually servicing gear
- Regulators – Inspection and what gets services – Horror stores of abused regs
- BC (buoyancy control) vests
- Gauges and computers
- Tanks – Inspections – Annual Visual – Hydrostatic every 5 years –
- Drysuits – Seals
General Care of gear
- Wetsuits – cleaning and storing
- Rinsing out your regulator – keeping water out – sand – environmentally sealed vs non-environmentally sealed
- Killing the stink in your gear – “sink the stink”
New trends – Training and equipment
- PADI courses moving to using dive computers in replacement of the dive tables
- PADI online training courses
30:00 – 44:30 Scuba in the news
- SCUBA program buoys local high school students //www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=353377&src=1
- Pint-sized 10-year-old becomes certified scuba diver //www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-Elastic-Water-Plastic-Tokyo,news-5635.html
- Omaha Fire Department Boat Request, Dead in the Water //www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=11885449
- Japanese Scientists Create Elastic Water //www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-Elastic-Water-Plastic-Tokyo,news-5635.html
44:30 – 48:30 Cool Gear – (announced – vapor, reality & over hyped , under hyped)
- New Anti-Bacterial Scuba mouthpiece introduced //www.ourworldunderwater.com/
48:30 – 49:00 How to follow and contact us
49:00 -59:00 Our last dive
- Second ice dive at Singer Lake
- Even better vis! Wow!!
- Line signals – 1 pull (give me more line), 2 pulls (take in the slack) and 3 pulls (pull me in now!!!)
- Thanks to our support crew! Sir Larry and Bob while Don, Jim and Darrin dove.
- Don – “Only five minutes…”
- More flopping
59:00 – 1:02:000 Upcoming Scuba Events and shows
February 19-21, 2010: Our World-Underwater: //derekaudette.ottawaarts.com
The 40th Annual Our World-Underwater show scheduled for February 19-21, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Darrin and Jim there on Saturday the 20th.
February 27, 2010: The Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival – //www.shipwreckfestival.org/
The show is scheduled for Saturday February 27, and will be held at Washtenaw Community College’s Morris Lawrence Building at 4800 East Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105.
- Maybe a Sunday dive…..
- Chamber dive…. “What should we try?”
- Guest lined up for next week.
1:02:00 – 1:03:16 Thanks for listening! We will see you next week.
Credits – Music Episode 4