Mack, Jim, Dave and Darrin catch-up on two weeks of scuba news and diving. Mack discusses underwater communication systems. Dave talks about North Point Quarry in Ohio.
You can find many articles we don’t get a chance to talk about here at http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/
Scuba in the News
- Widow Blames Scuba Gear for Death of Wes Skiles
- Nurse says deadly scuba accident possibly avoidable
- State to become site of biggest underwater sculpture
- Lawmakers scuba dive to undersea lab in Fla. Keys
But we really know what the lawmakers were after…. Lobster.
- Diving & Boating Safety Stressed Ahead Of Lobster Mini-Season
- Scuba training enriches foster kids
- Divers uncover two wrecked planes
- Diver identifies North-East built steamer SS Ladoga – 109 years after sinking
- New dive quarry makes a splash
North Point Quarry Opening
Dave talks about setting up the new North Point Quarry.
- Phone number for quarry information
- North Point Quarry website
- northpointquarry on facebook
Last (couple of) Week’s Dives
We talk about the follow dive locations that were visited:
- Havana – Saint Joseph, MI
- South pier – Saint Joseph, MI
- Gull lake
- Saint Joseph River – Fort Saint Joseph – French Fort – Niles, MI
- Paw Paw wreck
- The Muskegon Michigan City, IN
- Singer Lake – Baroda Michigan
- Lake 16 – Martin Michigan
- Break wall Michigan City, IN
- Fisher lake in Three Rivers
- http://www.oceantechnologysystems.com/ (for dive site information)
Photo of the week
Video of the Week
- Whale shark sucks fish out of hole in fishing net
@scubaobsessed could you share with us any tips or recommendations about underwater communication system
Mack talks about a lot of underwater communication systems he has experience with.
- “Glove Talk” – low tech approach.
- Don’t forget Hand signals, slates, ect.