:50 – 30:00 Interview with Kathy from Just Add H20 Dive Shop - (a.k.a. JR Aquatics) - http://www.justaddh2o.us.com/
Annually servicing gear
- Regulators - Inspection and what gets services - Horror stores of abused regs
- BC (buoyancy control) vests
- Gauges and computers
- Tanks - Inspections - Annual Visual - Hydrostatic every 5 years -
- Drysuits - Seals
General Care of gear
- Wetsuits - cleaning and storing
- Rinsing out your regulator - keeping water out - sand - environmentally sealed vs non-environmentally sealed
- Killing the stink in your gear - "sink the stink"
New trends - Training and equipment
- PADI courses moving to using dive computers in replacement of the dive tables
- PADI online training courses
30:00 – 44:30 Scuba in the news
- SCUBA program buoys local high school students http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=353377&src=1
- Pint-sized 10-year-old becomes certified scuba diver http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-Elastic-Water-Plastic-Tokyo,news-5635.html
- Omaha Fire Department Boat Request, Dead in the Water http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=11885449
- Japanese Scientists Create Elastic Water http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Japanese-Elastic-Water-Plastic-Tokyo,news-5635.html
44:30 – 48:30 Cool Gear - (announced - vapor, reality & over hyped , under hyped)
- New Anti-Bacterial Scuba mouthpiece introduced http://www.ourworldunderwater.com/
48:30 - 49:00 How to follow and contact us
49:00 -59:00 Our last dive
- Second ice dive at Singer Lake
- Even better vis! Wow!!
- Line signals - 1 pull (give me more line), 2 pulls (take in the slack) and 3 pulls (pull me in now!!!)
- Thanks to our support crew! Sir Larry and Bob while Don, Jim and Darrin dove.
- Don - "Only five minutes..."
- More flopping
59:00 - 1:02:000 Upcoming Scuba Events and shows
February 19-21, 2010: Our World-Underwater: http://derekaudette.ottawaarts.com
The 40th Annual Our World-Underwater show scheduled for February 19-21, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Darrin and Jim there on Saturday the 20th.
February 27, 2010: The Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival - http://www.shipwreckfestival.org/
The show is scheduled for Saturday February 27, and will be held at Washtenaw Community College’s Morris Lawrence Building at 4800 East Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105.
- Maybe a Sunday dive.....
- Chamber dive.... "What should we try?"
- Guest lined up for next week.
1:02:00 - 1:03:16 Thanks for listening! We will see you next week.
Credits – Music Episode 4